Senior Environmental Consultant
You will be a member of the global Environment team, this role can be based in any of our UK offices. You will be responsible for preparing a range of UKCS oil and gas permits and consents primarily in the oil and gas industry as well as undertaking quality assurance of permits in line with Xodus Group procedures.
- Has a thorough understanding of the type and range of permits and consents required in the UKCS oil and gas industry and keeps up to date with the associated legislation relating to these applications.
- Responsible for the Project Management of a range of compliance projects. Project Management duties include provision of a day to day contact with the relevant operator; monitor project quality, man-hours and costs and prepare progress reports to clients as required. These duties will include undertaking weekly progress reporting and updating the Compliance Lead on relevant KPIs.
- Ability to prepare a range of UKCS oil and gas permits, including wells, pipeline, production, marine licenses and geophysical permits. Has experience with the management of complex permits and has a thorough understanding of the key issues, tools and processes, including a good understanding of guidance and information available. Specifically, undertake the following tasks with ease:
- Understanding HOCNF and applying this information to undertake CHARM and Osborne-Adams calculations;
- Writing chemical justifications;
- Writing project descriptions;
- Writing environmental descriptions; and
- Writing environmental impact assessments.
- Develops an area of technical expertise within compliance management remit and maintaining regular contact with relevant stakeholders, ensuring that deliverables continually meet regulatory requirements. Ensure relevant guidance notes and tools are up to date and rolled out to the team as required.
- Undertakes technical and high-level Quality Assurance (QA) of permits to Xodus procedures.
- Development, including coaching and supervision of less experienced team members as required.
- Responsible for management of preparation and delivery of PQQ and proposals in the Compliance team as required.
- Ability to convey the Company’s capabilities, vision and values to internal and external clients. Awareness of the commercial targets associated with tasks and delivering within them is required.
- You will perform work in accordance with our Company’s quality procedures and assist, where necessary, in preparing proposals by providing technical support.
- Although primarily involved with compliance support, Xodus encourages the involvement in other technical areas within the environment team.
- Continually strives to look for ways to improve and enhance efficiency of Xodus tools and systems which are used to prepare permit applications.
- Prepare and deliver permits and consents in line with relevant legislation
- Client Management
- Projects delivered on time and in budget
Applications should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Senior Environmental Consultant’ clearly stated in the subject line. The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 13 July 2018. The application should include a covering letter, outlining what skills you would bring to this role and details of your past experience in a similar role, along with your CV and confirmation of right to work in UK.