Graduate Software Engineer
We are seeking a talented developer with a software engineering degree or equivalent degree, who has strong analytical and problem solving skills. You must be able to interpret user requirements and translate them into powerful applications, using the most appropriate technology.
You will be part of a vibrant team within a business with an outstanding reputation for quality, based in our Aberdeen office. In this role, you will be key to ensuring that both internal and external clients receive the highest standards in the development of software and ongoing support.
You should be able to work by yourself, but you must also be a team player. You must have good communication skills as well as being organised and professional.
- Producing detailed product specifications and writing code for existing and new software systems
- Testing in a controlled environment before going live, to ensure quality standards are met
- Preparation and presentation of training materials and user guides
- Maintenance and development of the systems once they are live
- Reviewing current systems to identify improvements and efficiencies
- Handling user support queries, and producing reports from database queries to support the business
- Understanding of Web Application development using popular web frameworks (e.g. Web Services, jQuery, Bootstrap, Foundation, MVC, etc.)
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of Source Control methodologies
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server)
- An eye for detail, and the ability to identify issues and solve problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret user needs and requirements, in order to accurately define functionality
- Ability to work as part of a team
Applications should be made by email to email@example.com with ‘Graduate Software Engineer’ clearly stated in the subject line. The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 7th September 2018. The application should include a covering letter, outlining what skills you would bring to this role and details of your past experience, along with your CV and confirmation of right to work in UK.